Alan P. TothPresident / CEO
847-387-6545 Ext 101
Guiding Principle: There is a solution to every problem. Find it.
For over 30 years, Alan has been finding solutions in the commercial insurance industry. Alan has extensive background in all lines of transportation coverages and risk mitigation practices. As President & CEO, he has positioned TRS to be the “go to” MGA in the expanding and complex trucking insurance market.
He has led many divisions and practices of many organizations managing Worker’s Compensation, Underwriting, Loss Control, Claims and reinsurance for large multi-line accounts. Prior to forming TRS, he was President of XLA Transportation, Director of XL Insurance of New York, and President of a member company of the WR Berkley Group.
A nature lover at heart, outside the office, Alan enjoys nature photography, golf, boating, fishing and pheasant hunting. Patience learned from insurance comes in handy – Alan trains small wild and domestic animals.
- Graduate of Parson College
- Syracuse University Graduate School of Business, Sales & Marketing Executive Program
- Associate in Risk Management
- Indiana State University College of Business, Insurance Advisory Council
- Past Member, American Trucking Association Insurance and Risk Management Committee
- Expert Witness and Arbiter in Transportation Related Matters